Thursday, May 22, 2008

The quest for the perfect travel journal

Every large vacation we go on (such as the trip to Europe in one week) I make a travel journal. It is always difficult to find just the right thing to use. This time I haven't planned ahead as much so I was left to do it the week before, my own fault of course. But after searching for a while, I found this black journal for $3.99 at Target which I think will work perfectly. I spent a while on Friday working on it -- making a huge mess of course. My mom and Brianna teased me the whole time because their journals didn't require any pulling apart or paint or taping, etc. But that it was fun for me to make it just how I want it. So, I am now set for the vacation as far as keeping a record while I am there. Now for the clothes and other essentials...

I am so excited about how it turned out. Just looking at the front with the cute tabs on the side, flower on the front, and the awesome painted letters makes me so excited to actually use it!

2 comments:

Stefanie Elyse said...

I think that's just great :) I would say a cute journal has priority over clothes for sure! Most people wouldn't agree, but I get it!!! I can't wait for you to post pictures!

heidi said...

Oh my gosh!! A week!! Have so much fun Cass! I can't wait to look at your journal when you get back! I'm not really opposed to you finding me a hunk a hunk a burning European love! :) Have fun!