Saturday, June 21, 2008

En Plein Air

Thanksgiving Point was hosting the “Plein Air Festival” yesterday and today. Mom said that she wanted to go for her birthday. Local artists come to Thanksgiving Point and paint all day “en plein air” which is a French term for painting outside and painting what you see. It was really neat to see the different artist’s interpretation of the views they were surrounded by. We saw a wide variety of styles and paintings. It was a really fun event!




















When we came home from the festival I decided to take up painting. Brianna and I found our painting supplies and made a night of it. Brianna watercolored a picture she found. I used acrylics to do the following picture. Granted, I’m no Breezy Diether, but it’s a start. I definitely need to keep practicing.

3 comments:

Breezy said...

ohhh please cassidy!!! thats gorgeous!! nice still life! i love the colors and how fun!! Thanksgiving point looks beautiful!

heidi said...

cass it is so great!! Thanksgiving point looks so beautiful. I love that picture you took of the painting with the object behind it. So artsy! Miss you!

Parker Lichfield said...

CASSIDY!!!! Congrats! I heard you got engaged. That is so awesome!